Good summary of the OpenGL developer debate with links:
"This is quite technical, but I think this is very interesting considering what Valve is staking on OpenGL in regard to its future plans:
1. The debate started when Rich Geldreich from Valve (who is working on Vogl, Valve's OpenGL debugger) posted an entry on his blog called Things That Drive Me Nuts About OpenGL. He also made a couple of Twitter posts here and here.
2. In response, Timothy Lottes, a senior rendering programmer at Epic who developed FXAA and TXAA while at Nvidia, posted this response on his personal blog.
3. Rick Geldreich the posted The Truth on OpenGL Driver Quality on his blog. His Twitter post on this entry features quite a few responses.
4. Joshua Barczak, Firaxis's lead graphics engineer for the Civilization, agrees with Geldreich and posted this blog entry OpenGL Is Broken.
5. Epic's Timothy Lottes (as naturally expected) posted this response.
6. This caused AMD's OpenGL developer to post an angry tweet and another one from a former Nvidia developer who now works at Valve.
7. Michael Marks, the tech director from Aspyr, shared his thoughts. He also posted OpenGL Stop Breaking My Heart and The Impact of Apple's Limited OpenGL Support On Gaming.
8. A Unity developer chimed in with Rant About Rants About OpenGL.
9. Barczak posted a follow-up regarding OpenGL driver quality.
10. Lastly, and somewhat unrelated, a Naughty Dog dev said LOL DX12 LOL."