Monday, June 9, 2014

Article: "DirectX Creator Says Apple’s Metal Heralds the End of OpenGL"

Links:

Alex. St John: "Direct3D, OpenGL, Metal, Full Circle"
Time: "DirectX Creator Says Apple’s Metal Heralds the End of OpenGL"

According to St. John: "Nearly twenty years later OpenGL still sucks for games, OpenGL drivers are STILL consistently broken across devices, OpenGL is still driven by CAD applications".

BTW - I'm no longer at Valve or working on vogl. And no, I'm not being paid by, nor do I know anyone still at Apple, lol.

2 comments:

  1. I wish you well in the next job! I know how these things can be disheartingly frustrating, especially when one wants to change something so established.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete