This rant is mostly directed at the commenters that claimed I hobbled the open source codecs (including my own!) by not selecting the "proper" settings:
Please look closely at the red dots. Those represent Kraken. Now, this is a log10/log2 graph (log10 on the throughput axis.) Kraken's decompressor is almost one order of magnitude faster than Brotli's. Specifically, it's around 5-8x faster, just from eyeing the graph. No amount of tweaking Brotli's settings is going to speed it up this much. Sorry everyone. I've benchmarked Brotli at settings 0-10 (11 is just too slow) overnight and I'll post them tomorrow, just to be sure.
There is only a single executable file. The codecs are statically linked into this executable. All open source codecs were compiled with Visual Studio 2015 with optimizations enabled. They all use the same exact compiler settings. I'll update the previous post tomorrow with the specific settings.
I'm not releasing my data corpus. Neither does Squeeze Chart. This is to prevent codec authors from tweaking their algorithms to perform well on a specific corpus while neglecting general purpose performance. It's just a large mix of data I found over time that was useful for developing and testing LZHAM. I didn't develop this corpus with any specific goals in mind, and it just happens to be useful as a compressor benchmark. (The reasoning goes: If it was good enough to tune LZHAM, it should be good enough for newer codecs.)